Types of Plastic items which are banned in Tamilnadu.,Tamilnadu government has announced Certain type of plastic usage is banned in Tamilnadu. Buying and using those types of Products are banned in Tamilnadu. As a result of the ban, the following products will be banned from January 1, 2019:
1. Food processing and packing plastic used in hotels.
2. Plastic sheets used for table mats and tablecloths.
3. Thermocol plates used for serving food.
4. Plastic coated paper plates.
5. Plastic bags used for gifting during special occasions.
6. Plastic coated tumblers used in TASMAC, small vendors, serving coffee, tea, water on occasions.
7. One-time usable plastic coffee and tea cups used in shops and homes.
8. Normal plastic made tumblers in commercial use.
9. Thermocol tumblers and cups.
10. Plastic coated paper bags which is used in shops for packing products for the buyers.
11. Water packets selling by small vendors around Tamil Nadu.
12. Plastic straws used for serving cold drinks, milkshakes in shops, theatres and hotels.
13. Plastic carry bags used for everyday usage by people.
14. Plastic printed flags in sale in shops.
Few Plastics which are excluded from this ban are Plastic cases containing milk, curd, oil and biodegradable plastics and packaging plastics like water bottle from big firms by the government.
Please avoid plastic usage and save the environment.