- Indian cinema produces more films watched by more people than any other country in the world
- Total number of Produced feature films is 1986
- Total number of tickets sold is 3.5 billion tickets were sold across the globe, 900,000 more than Hollywood.
- Total gross box office is 5,500 crore (US$2.4 billion)
- India has 6,000 single screens
- India has 2100 Multiplex screens to film these 1000s of movies released in a year
- There is one screen per six million people in india
- AVM Productions, Prasad’s Group, Sun Pictures, PVP Cinemas, Zee, UTV, Suresh Productions, Eros Films, Ayngaran International, Pyramid Saimira, Aascar Films and Adlabs as many as 30 film production companies had been listed in the National Stock Exchange of India
- Bollywood names the Hindi language film industry, the largest sector, representing 43% of the revenue
- Combined Tamil and Telugu film industries revenues represent 36%.