Often we need to remember that India is a unique nation with so many legacies to be proud of. It is indeed a wonder how this country has continuously offered some of the brightest minds the world has celebrated. Only by knowing our strengths, we could get better.
There are hundreds of such invention we can recollect. Let me start with the top 10 important inventions that India offered to the World.
- Martial Arts were first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries. Some might say that this is in argument, but there are so many historical facts and proofs that can vouch for this statement.
- Yoga has its origins in India and has existed for over 5,000 years. It was once thought that Yoga is only for Hinduism. But actually Yoga is a way of life. Today Yoga has been followed widely even by people who follow Non-Hindu religions.
- Chess was invented in India. The World famous strategy game was invented in India. There are so many other formats of chess that are later discovered by other countries and being played. But till date, Chess is considered to be the number one mind game. Many chess legends are born in India. Their legacy is being followed by so many aspirants today.
- Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus are mathematical studies, which originated in India. Their applications may not be in everyone’s practical life. But there are many sciences like astronomy, life sciences, astrology etc. that rely on these subjects and create theories that later gets implemented for elevating human life.
- The ‘Place Value System’ and the ‘Decimal System’ were developed in India in 100 B.C.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Ayurveda is still the purest form of medicine that uses everyday food and spices to treat ailments.
- The Art of Navigation & Navigating was born in the river Sindh over 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘NAVGATIH’. The word navy is also derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Nou’.
- The value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
- Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus also originated in India.Quadratic Equations were used by Sridharacharya in the 11th century. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10*53 (i.e. 10 to the power of 53) with specific names as early as 5000 B.C.during the Vedic period.Even today, the largest used number is Terra: 10*12(10 to the power of 12).
- Bhaskaracharya rightly calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the Sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. According to his calculation, the time taken by the Earth to orbit the Sun was 365.258756484 days.
Share your comments below with other prideful inventions by India to the World.